Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://magicalness.forumotion.com

Topic Erebus Empty Topic Erebus

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:31 pm
https://www.fairytailrp.com/t55742-mastery-to-mastery-green-closed Just looks like a textbook biased topic

https://www.fairytailrp.com/t54327-learning-what-lurks-below-open As seen here, Tenshi does the same spawning shit Erebus does.

To Summarize: I do a "weapon mastery" fight with Erebus, looking to test FTRP's waters. He responds by wanting to spawn behind me at perfect conditions, so he wants to FARM me. If I turned around, he'd just interrupt me. I decide to interrupt his approach, since characters come from somewhere, especially in an open field. You simply do not spawn next to "unprepared people" and expect an auto-win. Erebus takes that PERSONALLY. Using my prep, I have a prepped stat build on-site, but I RP chill while coating my limbs. Erebus wants to do his flurry one-shot without any way to respond. I break his invisible armor, and the time of day was not vague manipulated by Erebus correctly. Erebus only flurries people, so he did not target anything nor defend himself with a 200 word post. Noel makes a GIGANTIC ruling post to compensate, when I simply interrupted Erebus's cancer. I've seen this, on dozens of sites. It's not a "unique idea" to spawn, speed blitz invis, and then flurry attack. Boasting his "simultaneous and react to anything" that Geno taught (based off my past posts), Erebus feels he's on god mode so even if things go wrong he changes things OOC. That is not the intent of "react to anything", it's literally to just assure you're on-guard IC for a defense you actually create. If he had done that on entering, he then sets up a defense.

Setting

Post 1: Sunny all day, rough ground and vacantness. Vice+Eru attentive.

Post 2: Erebus comes from a tavern. The sky becomes purple. It becomes dark only once Erebus is at 20 meters away.

Interrupt

Post 3: I interrupt Erebus at before 20 meters, as me looking around+Eru at my back see him before then. As it's not dark at before 20 meters, his post is interrupted ENTIRELY. Erebus does not like this, as his post writes "Vice/whoever I fight probably doesn't notice me spawning behind him". Because Erebus wants to spawn in an open clearing at 20 meters, I have determined his path, but this does not mean he cannot respond to me like how he didn't want me to respond.

Higher stats, defensive coating

Post 3 Attack: Noel has agreed, I have cast all my spell motions. I'm faster, and Erebus's spell can only move in a straight line while I have no such limitation. Because Erebus shouldn't be looking at me, like how he wanted for me, he is on the defensive in every way.

Not invisible

Post 3 Defense: I note that I target the limbs of Erebus at all times, Noel wants to say that Erebus is fully invisible so I can't target vitals. Erebus was not invisible due to the time of day, and he was not invisible once he made contact with my S-rank coating to break his armor. I also aimed to knock away the dagger.

Rushed mobile post

Post 4: Erebus posts in 2 hours and essentially goes "nah you didn't see me I just one-shot you lol". His post says he interrupts my spell casting, he DOESN'T. His post says he's double my speed, he's slower and linear. He tries to break my staff, as he thought OOC/his post says that'd put my spells on cooldown somehow. Erebus's first attacks are hypothetical to me not running, but I circle him and he can't follow as his Phantom spell is linear. Erebus doesn't defend at all.

Continuous dodging

Post 5: Here's a post Noel ignored. Erebus only attacked me post 4. I write I dodge. I can't dodge? Yeah, that's essentially it. I literally CANNOT dodge on the first attack post somehow, even when I'm faster/see him beforehand and Erebus is using a bad linear movement spell. Apparently, I sit still as Erebus loses his invisibility at best, Erebus just keeps daggering me after spawning. He even had some autistic rage over my staff, but I just stood still as he did that too. Yeah, uh, alrighty.

"Battle Modding"

Erebus had no defense up as he traveled, I simply put him in the same position he wanted me in.

"Well you see, Erebus has performed a pro gamer move, to change the time to night. Even though his timeline says it progresses, he has spawned behind you." Noel overcomplicates. It comes down to basic logic: Erebus approaches in an area with no obstructions, Erebus's post mentions the sky is purple. If Erebus wants to find me, I'm able to see him, and it's not darkness. There is no controlling, I'm INTERRUPTING Erebus's approach. Erebus's approach has no description, he just spawns. Noel makes 0 sense saying my Eru can't notice Erebus, and he cites my 2nd post when it's simply continuing the 1st where the Eru was already looking around. The notice is not simultaneous, but it might as well be as the distance is indefinite along with me already wandering my eyes. The "blindside" is the tiniest of time where the Eru alternates looking at places with me.

"Stats and Spell Knowledge"

Proof Pictures:

Noel says my speed is undetermined, he made my template himself, he simply has no idea what the speed tiers are. Noel says Erebus is watching me for the slightest of movements; he has never reached this point, as I INTERRUPTED Erebus's approach. Noel says we move at each other at the same time, Erebus is slower and has a linear spell. Erebus cannot follow me with his linear spell. Noel says there's SOMEHOW a Sensory stat on this site, where my high speed is a disadvantage, yet he insinuates I pause at some weird altitude. He mentions a "low rank of flying speed" like B-ranks are somehow less acrobatic than higher rank flight spells. Are you getting the idea so far? He has no tier of Attribute tiers, no idea of flight, no idea how Erebus's spell works. That's all fine, Noel did not need to make an overcomplicated ruling when I gave him a post that interrupts my opponent. Somehow, Erebus is striking me with a dagger while grabbing my staff. Noel bunnies me, says my strikes are punches, but that is not the case. My strikes are literally the term "strikes": unclarified by Erebus, the battle mod is not allowed to clarify it himself.

Brian: Noel consulted someone who didn't even RP on the site and gave me his logs with Noel. Noel lied, he talked to Erebus/Tenshi/Brian all beforehand and unilaterally decided to bunny.
Non-RPer "Helping":
The person saying the advice was misapplied:
Proof Pictures:

Hit Breakdown: How exactly is Noel determining a hit breakdown from a flurry against a guy with coating spells? The first hit goes on a limb due to Erebus's linear path, and this deflects his dagger away. Why is it deflected? Because Erebus's post has no defense or mention that he counters this. Erebus shows himself by grabbing my staff. Most importantly though: Erebus's attacks don't even exist, they're hypotheticals of a timeline that Noel himself agreed don't exist; Erebus had no way to interrupt my casting.

Bunny Start

Topic Erebus Th0SMDY

Then, Noel bunnies Erebus as he wants this fight to end here, he says Erebus FUMBLES and all this silliness. Erebus's armor is broken, and his armor is the source of invisibility. Where...where does my post Noel say I'm kicking? lmao. The whole hit breakdown, it's bunnying, he says I randomly turn around too for some spinning kick and then Erebus just daggers me. "velocity, centripetal force & his rotation axis all comes into question". Then, Noel goes on to say I'm not attacking at all while circling Erebus. The dual intent of circling is as a defensive means and to put Erebus off-positioning from his slower speed+his first spell being linear. Because Noel is making this whole play, it ignores that Erebus didn't defend at all.

"Critical Hits"

Noel has this belief that people need to "build up damage" to CRITICALLY STRIKE/vital hit; that's not how vital hits work. Even if I/him had lower HP, Erebus is not aiming for vitals and I am. Even ignoring 99%, when Erebus's armor breaks from touching my coating he instantly loses on the next strike from not defending. Noel ignores that my coating is also acting as a defense, Erebus's dagger swipes 2 coating and gets broken early on. I do not need to hit Erebus, I focused on his dagger and my coating hitting it. Noel insinuates there's an attack pattern/tell, but my entire movements are not a windup. Weapon range does not matter when it will hit coating and be broken.

Invisibility

Topic Erebus YQiPl7x As you can see on-topic, Noel never corrected it.

Noel kept mentioning invisibility, when in his 4 paragraphs ago Erebus's invisibility armor was BROKEN. If that doesn't show inconsistency and narrative-making, I dunno what does.

Erebus's Defending Himself PM: The PM Erebus sent is legit rambling. It starts by saying how he believes being called stupid means the opponent is a big meanie and must lose. He goes on to say it's an invasion topic somehow, when he joined. Somehow, Erebus thinks things are unfair, when he's been on-site years with a high-rank char. He goes on to say "I hitcall your companion" when it's not even in his post, when I TOLD HIM the Eru noticed him OOC lmao. He gets REALLY excited, and keeps pushing this for like triple the length of his actual RP post, when my wording says it's done safely and the round has already passed. The Eru attacking me cannot arbitrarily end my past post's progression, especially with safety at all times. Erebus says flight speed is somehow spell speed, showing he has no idea of rules. A guy with 4m Bounty then goes "I never agreed to this fight! I never wanted this, I want a fair fight! I've metagamed to avoid invades very smartly, I don't like this!" He says he wrote he reacts to things; no, that's not how post rounds work, you actually have to write a reaction and not say "well I wrote in my last post I react to anything, so during battle modding I just do any counter".

Erebus PM 2.3k words compared to 270 word post:

Proof Pictures:

^He wrote his posts on mobile quickly. I'm sorry, I don't think that his rambling OOC which is longer than both his RP posts should have any effect on what actually occurs.

Last Thoughts: There was not even a hit connection post. Erebus's hit connection post is trying the Eru silliness. It mentions somehow my coating goes on cooldown when they were all pre-cast. I don't think Noel even knew how Overheat worked, since he got it nerfed a month later. Yes, Erebus had a new window of response at the interruption, Erebus did not use it. Noel legit made a RP post as an OOC post 1st. The Eru and necklace both have durability. The flight speeds were standardized on-site after this fight, since I had just used a NOEL FLIGHT SPELL I quoted.

Proof Pictures:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum